9/13/13

Insanity Week 1

Starting on the Insanity Work-out Program kind of started on a whim for me.
Last week I was home in Ohio and was visiting with my brother in-law Parker.
He recently lost some weight due to a few things: health complications, eating better, and working out.
I asked him what he did to work out and he told me about Insanity.
I was super curious because Insanity doesn't use weights.  Hallelujah! And is all interval
training using your own body.  
My mother-in-law Paige was there and said "Oh I have an extra set", that's what
living in China will do to you, so long story short
Insanity fell in to my lap for free before heading home.

Tomorrow will mark my one week mark on a nine week program
and I am digging it so far. 
No weight loss so far (but then again that wasn't really my goal in starting this)
but I can already see differences in my arms, legs, and core especially.

I have always been a secure and confident person when it comes to my body.
No two girls have the same body and I am proud of mine (on most days).
Pretty much since I became a woman I have been a size 6, C cup, in shape woman.
And I want to keep it that way.
I don't aspire to be some double zero photoshopped girl that I
see on my beloved pages of Vogue and quite frankly never have. 
I have never understood my friends who are obsessed
with being "skinny" and loosing weight, and analyze
every little thing they eat, where is the joy in that?
I like having boobs, and a butt, there I said it, I'm just being real.

However, I do believe it is important to be in the best
physical shape I can because that is what affects everything else.
The PHYSICAL affects mental, spiritual, and emotional. 

Recently, I attended a forum at my church where
a family therapist talked about depression and anxiety.
He asked us what we thought was the number one thing we could do
when experiencing anxious or depressed feelings.
People gave answers like, prayer, and reading scriptures.
But the therapist said the number one thing you can do
is EXERCISE. 

So here is to doing something for my body.
Insanity earns its name leaving you dripping in sweat
and wanting to quit every single day.  But I am finishing this program.
 A little accountability never hurt anyone,
so blogging world. Here is my INSANE journey.


Yes thats me after one of the Insanity work-outs. OW! 





No comments:

Post a Comment