11/16/13

The beginning of the 30-Day Shred

So this week I started Jillian Michael's 30-Day Shred.
I've said before I dig Jillian Michael's.  
She has a strong, in-shape bod (no stick figures in her work-out videos)
and she is no-nonsense, tells you how it is.

However, after completing Insanity, this week of 30-day Shred was too easy for me
(It was good recovery thought after the beating I took with Insanity).
For those of you who are not familiar with 30-day shred it is divided in to 3 workouts.  
Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3,
 and you are suppose to stay at one level until you are comfortable to move on. 
You work out 6 days a week (just like Insanity).

Well I was probably ready to move on after day 1 but I wanted to give it a chance.
So today I will move on to Level 2 and I will also be adding in extra cardio from now on
because these workouts are only 27 minutes long! That is including warm-up and cool-down!

I know I know I should be jumping for joy about no more 60 minute workouts like Insanity
but so far it's just not enough exercise for me.
I love that there are weights incorporated because I missed that with Insanity
but I am definitely hoping levels 2 and 3 will up the intensity big time.

So far I feel that this program is MUCH more suited for people who have not been previously
very active.  I think for example this would be GREAT for new moms, you defintely won't hurt yourself as I feel you would if you did Insanity as your first program back after baby.
And it's a SHORT work-out which would also be nice for the new mommies.

But I'll keep doing it and give a final review at the end. 

I thought I would throw out a product for you to try today.
Let's talk protein powder!
It use to scare me as there are SO many different types and people can be nutso about their protein!
But my brother-in-law introduced me to this one and I'm hooked!
Recovery AFTER your workout is just as important as your work-out.
You can do a great work-out but if you don't refuel your body with the right nutrients
your body won't retain those muscles you've been working.
So I use EAS Lean 15, lean and toned protein powder.
Two scoops is only 100 calories so you won't be adding bulk to your frame.
I combine the 2 scoops with 5 ice cubes, 1 cup skim milk, 1 banana, and a TBSP. of honey in a blender
and YUM.  It tastes like a treat but it's really fueling your body.
It is important to drink your protein no more than 1 hour after your workout (I always drink
mine right after) or it won't do it's job.
P.S. I tried the chocolate flavor (not nearly as good, stick to the vanilla).




Happy exercising people! 



No comments:

Post a Comment