10/10/13

Pesto and Breadcrumb Creamed Salmon

For those of you who don't know, my favorite cuisine is seafood.
Well actually seafood isn't a cuisine, so by default my favorite is
French BUT my favorite type of food is seafood.
I grew up on the East Coast and living in Maine for
a few years certainly spoiled me!

My family never cooked seafood at home (my mom hates the smell)
so whenever we went out thats what I would order.
And to this day that is still mainly what I like to eat
when I eat out.

One fish I never really loved however was salmon.
It's just fine but not my favorite.
My husband however LOVES it, his whole family does, so 
I wanted to find a way to make it more tasty to me.
And that was the inspiration for last night's supper.
Well that and the fact that I had a small container
of pesto sitting in my freezer.

Logan said it was top 2 for him out of the things I have made for him,
and it even had me going for seconds.
Plus this is the easiest recipe ever! 

So here is my recipe for Pesto and Breadcrumb Creamed Salmon: (serves 2)

Ingredients:
2 salmon filets (I know there is MUCH debate about wild vs. farmed but I just bought what was on
sale at the market so sue me)
2 TBSP. Basil Pesto (or i'm sure any other kind of pesto would be yummy too!)
2 TBSP. of Cream Cheese (or Creme Fraiche if you can find it)
3 TBSP. Italian Breadcrumbs 

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
2. Create two pouches for your salmon on a baking sheet using tin foil (they will be cooked individually)
3. Lay filets in your pouches (flesh side facing up) and salt and pepper the filets.
4. In a bowl combine pesto, cream cheese, and breadcrumbs with a fork, make sure they are well incorporated. 
5. Spread the mixture on top of the salmon filets 
6. Seal your packets
7. Cook the salmon for 10 minutes, then open up your packets so the fish is exposed and cook for another 10 minutes (or until fish is cooked through)

Serving: We ate this with a linguini pasta (with a pablano alfredo sauce) and roasted asparagus but you could do anything really! It would be equally as yummy served over a cold green salad. 
ALSO: We did these individually but this would be an impressive dish
to make for a dinner party and you could just do one large
piece of salmon and cook it in one large piece of tin foil. 



2 comments: