10/19/13

Insanity Weeks 5 AND 6!

I am combining my weeks 5 and 6 workouts into one post this week.
Last week Logan and I vacationed in the Keys so I was a bit pre-occupied
and didn't get around to posting, no worries, I still got all of my
work-outs in!

Week 5 is the "recovery" week before the 60 minute Cardio Intervals begin,
so you do the same "Core Cardio and Balance" workout the whole week.  
Repetitive? Yes.  Easy? Not exactly.
While it is a break from the high intensity cardio, it still left me dripping in sweat
and sore in new places as it focuses on your abs and balance (imagine that).

Week 6 was INSANE guys, but seriously, it made month one seem like
a walk in the park! You go from 40 minute workouts to 60 minutes but
you also UP the impact/intensity/difficulty level.
A couple of the moves had me saying, there is no way, so I had to modify.
The butterfly pushups in particular.
Oddly enough my knees haven't bothered me throughout this process very much at all,
but instead my wrists have been taking a beating.  
Especially this week because there are SO many more pushup variations
in this month than the one previous.

The beginning of this week had me feeling so out of shape but tonights workout left me feeling
like i'm back in the "insanity mode".  I only have 3 weeks left on this journey 
and I have to say I am quite proud of myself.  

I am most impressed with the definition in my abs and legs.
I had chicken legs to begin with but adding a couple of cuts
to my calves and thighs looks good!
And my stomach hasn't looked like this since high school, so thats cool too.
Again, the scale is the least of my motivators.

Thought I'd share something besides just my sweaty face, how about my whole sweaty self?
Clearly I am new to the whole fitness posing thing because my left arm looks ridiculous, really what is it doing? Such a newb.



Oh yes, and I decided I wanted to do Jillian Michael's 30-day Shred program after this.
1. Because I really like her and her bod
2. It's only 30 days
3. I've done the workouts before and they aren't as intense as Insanity so it will be
a bit of a recovery for me
4. There are weights involved which will be a nice change

Happy Exercising Peeps! 

No comments:

Post a Comment