4/20/16

Some More Favorite Products

Our half marathon is only a few weeks away (oh my!) 
I can't even believe it. I'm excited and a little nervous but training has been going really well.
As Logan and I have been trying to eat healthier we've come across some more really great products out there to help us in our quest. Now don't get me wrong, we were never crap eaters, but we've particularly been trying to cut down on our carb intake (especially at night!) Anyways, here are some products that have become staples for us! 

1. Sweet Potato Ribbons (Trader Joe's) 
Trader Joe's is my main grocery store, that and Costco.  I find shopping at a smaller store with less options helps me to not over shop. I was throwing away a lot of food and buying too much pre-packaged junk. Trader's isn't the perfect store you can still find unhealthy stuff (HELLO MINI PEANUT BUTTER CUPS... SO GOOD)  but it has some really good healthy products that we've come to love. 
Logan and I both never really grew up eating sweet potatoes. But they are SO good and SO good for you so they have definitely been added to our rotation. I chop them up all the time myself but it's really nice to have these on hand just to be able to throw in the oven without any prep, i'm all about easy these days. 
I couldn't find a photo of the ribbons I buy but they look a lot like this:

2. Chicken and Basil Meatballs (Costco)
These are fabulous on pizzas, pasta, salad, or even for breakfast with some eggs. And a plus...they are organic! 
3. Oven Roasted Turkey Breast (Trader Joe's, Columbus Brand)
I am not a big fan of deli meat (kinda grosses me out) but this looks and tastes like real turkey (ya know it's not slimy and smooth like that prepackaged stuff?) I know I'm crazy, but textures of food can really throw me off.  My mom actually turned me on to this turkey and I remember when she brought it to the hospital after I had Gray and thinking this is SO good! 



4. Filet Mignon (Costco) 
I am SUPER picky when it comes to steak. Mainly because it is one of my favorite foods, but I have the cooking it down to a science (I'll blog about that later) but the process means nothing if your cut is sub-par. I ALWAYS buy our filet's from Costco. Yes they are pricy, but not really considering how much you would pay in a restaurant (about $8 per steak).  I remember a few months ago I didn't want to brave the Costco crowd so I picked up some steaks from our grocery store by our house. Well long story short we ended up throwing them away because they tasted so bad.  Anyways they come in packages of four so we freeze them in twos so they are ready for whenever we want steak. 

5. Grass Fed Angus Beef Burgers (Trader Joe's) 
Again, I'm picky about my meat, but these burgers are so good! They come pre-packaged frozen raw in twos and they are so good in a lettuce wrap, or on top of some veggies, or of course on a regular bun (because ya know, sometimes you want a legit. burger) 

6. Cauliflower Rice (Trader Joe's) 
We recently added this to our diet as a substitute for regular rice and we REALLY enjoy it.  It's not the same texture but its a good texture non the less. And it's like 150 calories for the whole dang bag of cauliflower rice. I just steam it covered in a sautee pan with a tiny bit of EVOO and some salt and pepper. Also when they run out at Trader's i've just made it myself by grating a head of cauliflower with a box grater (EASY). 


Well there it is for now ! Can you tell protein is on my mind ?? Ha I just can't get enough of it between the running and the breastfeeding.  I would love to hear some of YOUR favorite products! 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment