4/6/16

Blackened Mahi Bowl

I've been messing around with some different "bowl" recipes the past few weeks and finally perfected it.  Log and I pretty much inhaled these last night after a run and both agreed we want these on the weekly. I was MAJORLY sick last week, sinus/ear infection so I wasn't able to run hardly at all and my nutrition took a major hit. But the antibiotics are starting to kick in and my appetite has returned so so has my cooking. Hope you enjoy!

Blackened Mahi Bowls (Serves 2)
Ingredients:
2 mahi mahi filet's (I buy the frozen pre-packaged ones from Costco)
1 lime
seafood seasoning (any brand will do)
1 bag of cauliflower rice (Trader Joe's)
2 small-medium sized zucchini's
1 sweet potato 
1 red pepper (or any pepper)
EVOO


Directions:
1. To start dice all of your veggies to desired size (keep diced sweet potatoes separate)
1. Place sweet potato on a baking sheet and coat with a couple of Tbsp. of EVOO salt/pepper, garlic powder, and season salt.  Bake in oven at 375 for about 15-20 minutes. 
2. After the sweet potatoes have been baking for 15-20 minutes add your zucchini and peppers and stir all together on the baking sheet, return to the oven for additional 10-15 minutes. I add these veggies after because the sweet potatoes take longer to cook and I don't want my zucchini and peppers to be soggy. 
3. While your veggies are baking cook your cauliflower rice. I cook the cauliflower in a sauté pan with a little bit of EVOO and salt and pepper and cover it with a lid until tender.
4. While everything else is cooking away prepare the fish.  Salt and pepper your filets (both sides) then squeeze the lime all over the filets. Then coat both sides with seafood seasoning (I have also used Mccormick's mojito lime seasoning packet which is great for seafood). You want the fish to be completely coated. 
5. Heat some EVOO in a grill pan (or just grill outside) and cook fish over medium/high heat, 5 minutes each side (approximately or until fish is cooked through but not dry!) 
6. Assemble your bowls!! We added a little bit of avocado on the side for some extra healthy fat! 

Enjoy!! 
xoxo 

p.s. If you wanted to mix up the flavor profile you could do a teriyaki bowl, or sweet chili sauce bowl!  Also use any of your favorite veggies! Endless possibilities for this healthy dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment