3/1/16

Zuppas Veggie Chowder

I am a HUGE soup freak. I love it. I eat it in the middle of summer here in scorching Las Vegas. I just can't get enough. I have a lot of soup recipes that I love. But this one is definitely at the top.
Now, let me start by saying I am NOT a huge Zuppas fan. That's right I said it. They give you like 1 shred of cheese, and half a strawberry on their salads and think that is sufficient. No. No. No. Load it on people! Also, their bread?! It's like wonder bread, it's the worst. BUT what they do get right is their soups, every. single. one of them.  They are all good. But their veggie chowder is definitely a favorite. 
I found the recipe HERE and it is the real deal. The only comments I will add to it are this. 
1. Don't add the chicken, that's not necessary, this is a vegetable soup.
2. It needs ample seasoning (salt and pepper). I season it when I sauté the onions/zucchini, I season again when I add the vegetable broth, and once again at the end. As always do it to taste. But if you don't add any salt it can be bland. The salt really makes it POP. 
ENJOY XO 

No comments:

Post a Comment