7/26/16

Pure Fit Pure Food 10 Week Challenge

I love a good challenge, a goal to work towards, something tangible. I find it keeps me motivated, driven, and overall a happier person. So after completing our half marathon I wanted a new challenge! But something different! I feel that I have come to a plateau with my postpartum weight loss, and although 40 pounds is a big accomplishment I still have more to go to reach what I know is healthiest for my body. 
I knew I wanted to do a food challenge, but it took me a while to figure out how exactly I wanted to go about it.  If you know me, or my philosophy on food/body image you know that there are a few words I find very toxic, especially for  myself.  One of them is the word "diet" in the popular culture sense our world uses it today. I do not agree with depriving oneself of calories or nutrients that the body needs. I don't believe in cutting out entire food groups or labeling foods "good" and "bad". I don't believe in juice cleanses . I hate the word "skinny" and find it to be a toxic and superficial way to express the worth of self or someone else. How many times when a girl posts a cute picture on social media are her friends quick to say "You look so skinny!!" as if that is the ultimate compliment? How about, healthy, strong, or happy? HEALTH is what is important not thinness. 
 I do however believe that we have all of the food groups for a reason, they each play a vital role in how we fuel our bodies.  I believe that sometimes we need to reset and figure out how to best fuel our bodies with the food we consume.  I believe that we should take care of our bodies and fuel them with healthy options when it comes to food.  I believe exercise is extremely important but not something to be obsessive about (something I've struggled with in the past). I believe our bodies are a gift and we should treat them as such, not pick them apart, not practice self-loathing every time we decide to indulge and have a treat. 
SO with that being said I researched, and researched, and researched.  And I came across a plan, and a couple of girls whose philosophy spoke to me on a deeper level .  The girls over at Pure Fit Pure Food have it going on. They are moms (that was a big one for me, I want someone who gets me on that level), registered nutritionist/dietician, certified personal trainer/group fitness instructor, and overall realists (I need that too).  
This is a 10-Week program and Logan and I are currently on week 3. It is a nutrition and exercise program with specific instructions of what to eat/do each day which I love. What I like MOST about this plan so far is the education I am receiving. The meal plan is broken up in to proteins, carbs, and fats and really teaches you what food falls in to what category, and why it is important to include all of those categories. Also, we eat everything: Meat, dairy, veggies, fruit, whole grains, fats, and even some yummy treats.  6 days a week are structured with a complete meal plan (and shopping list, love that) and 1 day is a relaxed day where we get to splurge within reason.  Pizza has been my splurge both weeks so far :) 
We have been really dedicated to the program but our little family did get the stomach flu this past weekend which threw off our meal plan a bit (although we weren't really eating much of anything so it was really fine) .  
We weighed (and measured) ourselves at the beginning and are supposed to weigh in again at the end of this week.  I'll be honest and say I weighed myself a couple of times each week so far (too addicted to that scale people, I'm working on it) and I am soooooo happy to say the scale is moving, it's been stuck at this one number for a while now and to see it moving again is the best motivator in the world.
Logan and I have really been enjoying the program and we love to ask "How are you feeling?" before and after we eat things so we can really discuss how certain foods, levels of hunger, etc. make us feel.  Logan is OBSESSED with the plan, I post the weeks layout on our fridge and he is always referring to it. For work he has to eat out a lot so he will text me saying whats on the plan, so he can order something similar wherever it is he has to eat at.   
Below are some of the foods we have eaten with the plan, I have to say most of the recipes/food choices have been not just good, they've been AMAZING.  One thing I can't get myself to love, turkey, it's weird I know but I've never liked it, and I still don't like it.  I sub for chicken and feel happier about life :)
I'll post again at 6 weeks for another update !
xoxo







No comments:

Post a Comment