6/3/16

Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I've said it time and again. I am not a big baker. I just don't have the patience or precision that it takes to be a good baker. I like that with cooking I don't have to follow a recipe exactly to get a great end result. BUT I do have a few killer baking recipes in my back pocket and this is one of them. This is my mom's recipe and is well loved in our family. Anytime my brothers are in town these usually get made at some point. And they are EASY so that is a big plus.
Ingredients: 
3/4 cup of softened butter
1 cup of sugar
1 egg
1 cup of mashed overly ripe bananas (I usually do 3-4 bananas)
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 3/4 cups of rolled oats
chocolate chips 

Directions:
1. Cream together butter and sugar
2. Beat the egg and then add it to the butter/sugar mixture
3. Add mashed bananas
4. Add flour
5. Add salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon
6. Add oats
7. Add chocolate chips (more or less depending on your preference)
8. REFRIGERATE for 30 minutes before scooping cookies and baking. This is very important! It creates the correct consistency before baking. 
9. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes and then allow to cool for a few minutes

ENJOY!! XX


No comments:

Post a Comment