2/23/16

Citrus Mahi Tacos!

I can't even stress enough how yummy this recipe is! If you like fish tacos this is so for you.  We've now had this at our house once a week for the past 3 weeks because Log and I are both OBSESSED.  Sorry for the terrible photo but I was too busy gobbling these tacos up to take a decent one.

Recipe: Serves 2 
A great thing about this recipe is there is virtually no measuring, it's so simple.

Ingredients:
2 Mahi filets, thawed (I get the individually shrink wrapped bag of them from Costco) 
4 small tortillas (corn or flour, but I think flour pairs well with fish)
Citrus vinaigrette, I just got a bottle that looked good from the grocery store
Seafood seasoning (I have one I love that I got from HomeGoods, random, but use what you have, also Mccormicks packet of mojito lime seasoning would work well too! I've used that on shrimp before and it was great)
Cold slaw cabbage (shred some yourself or buy the bag of it in the salad section)
2 limes
pico de gallo (Logan likes the trader joe's kind, but any will do)

Directions: 
1. Place filet's on a plate and salt and pepper both sides of your filets, then squeeze half a lime over each filet, and finally coat both sides with your seafood seasoning. Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes
2. Add desired amount of cold slaw cabbage to a bowl and coat with desired amount of citrus vinaigrette. I like a lot of cabbage on my tacos :) Set bowl aside while you cook your fish. 
3. Heat up a grill pan coated with olive oil to medium-high heat and place filet's in the pan. I usually cook mine 4-5 minutes per side or until no longer pink in the middle (But don't cook them too long, you don't want them dry!)
4. While fish is cooking heat up your tortillas in a pan and then place them on your plate. Add desired amount of slaw and pico de gallo  to your tortillas (I also add a little bit of cotija cheese). 
5. When fish is cooked add it to your tacos! (1 filet will make 2 small tacos) 
6. Add a slice of lime to your plate and enjoy!

xoxo, easiest ever fish tacos. 





No comments:

Post a Comment