8/7/13

Cooking Away Folks!

I am certainly enjoying being a wifey and online student as it is giving me LOTS of opportunities to cook! When I was a full-time student and working it just did not sound fun to come home and cook at the end of the day despite my love of cooking. But ever since moving to Florida in July I've been trying out all kinds of new culinary endeavors. 
Like taking a french cooking class and learning how to make Beef Bourguignon ala Julia Child! 
Yes I went to a cooking class all alone, it was so fun!
I'm not going to post the Beef Bourguignon recipe on here because that could be intimidating, it's really not difficult, just a lot of little steps.  
However, I am posting two recipes I tried out this week that me and the Bear just LOVED.
I found both of these recipes off Pinerest (every now and again I like to venture away from my beloved Williams Sonoma Cook Books).

Recipe 1: Greek Shrimp (Garides Saganaki)

One word, YUM! I am so happy to finally be living somewhere with a fresh seafood market, I am definitely taking advantage of it. 
HERE you can find this recipe.  The recipe is only for one appetizer sized serving so I decided to quadruple that since the Bear and I were having this for our main course, ehhhh it was too much.  For two people eating this as a main course I would only triple it. I also substituted plain old white wine for the liquor in the recipe and it was just fine.

Recipe 2: Herb-Crusted Chicken with White Sauce
I really loved this one, less thick than a traditional alfredo sauce and MUCH more flavor, this one will definitely be a staple in our house, so easy and so good.  Find the chicken/sauce recipe HERE.
OH, and did I mention I cut all my hair off last week?? So liberating and I am loving it! Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment